- Not only does Ethanol cost MORE than gasoline to produce, its also vastly less efficient to use (Less mileage per gallon)
- Its a renewable resource, BUT its a commodity with a variable degree of output: Influenced by annual weather conditions.
- Instead of the corn going to feed the world its going to refineries to be made into fuel. Spiking up prices and creating shortages
3) With prices for rice, wheat, and corn soaring, food-related unrest has broken out in places such as Haiti, Indonesia, and Afghanistan. Several countries have blocked the export of grain. There is even talk that governments could fall if they cannot bring food costs down. In an interview last year, Mr. Gore expressed his support for corn-based ethanol.
4) Its bad enough when the fix is worse than the original problem, however here its even more absurd because there was an unintended problem caused by a fix for a FICTITIOUS/FAUX PROBLEM! We believe this could be just the tip of the iceberg(pun intended). What other 'fixes' for this Faux problem will result in other catastrophes? This is precisely why people like us need to get LOUD and voice our outrage at these new/proposed policies that try to 'save the Planet'.